Creating a Competitive Mindset
- Jason Dierking is in his 11th year as Assistant Director of Sports Performance at the University of Louisville. In this role he works with men’s and women’s swimming & diving, men’s soccer and cross country.
- Prior to Louisville, Dierking served as an assistant strength and conditioning coach at Indiana University from 2001-2005. He also was a graduate assistant coach at Indiana from 1998-2001. During the summer of 2000, Dierking worked as the strength and conditioning intern at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY, where he helped train athletes that were preparing for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
- As the Energy Systems Specialist on the Louisville Sports Performance staff, Dierking has played a key role in implementing the Polar Team2 heart rate system now used by 11 Cardinal teams. He has advanced the use of innovative testing and tracking procedures for metabolic fitness, including VO2max and blood lactate analysis. He has become an industry leader in the area of heart rate training and conditioning, and has spoken at several regional and national clinics and conferences on the topic.
- At Louisville, Jason has worked most notably with soccer players Austin Berry- 2012 MLS Rookie of the Year, Andrew Farrell- 2013 MLS overall #1 pick, runners Matt Hughes- 2010 and 2011 NCAA National Champion in the 3000m Steeplechase, Wesley Korir- 2012 Boston Marathon Champion, and swimmer Carlos Almeida- 2012 NCAA National Champion in the 200yd Breaststroke.
- Dierking earned his master’s degree in exercise physiology from Indiana University and a bachelor’s degree in adult physical fitness from Eastern Kentucky University, where he also played baseball for the Colonels.
- Dierking is Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association, a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association, a USA Weightlifting Level 1 Coach, and Functional Movement Screen (FMS-1) Certified.
- Jason is a competitive runner and triathlete, and has completed races such as the Chicago Marathon and Ironman Louisville.
Follow Jason Dierking: